Thursday, September 21, 2006

Biscuits

Arse. There is a whole tray of delicious looking Spanish biscuits in our office kitchen, from someone who's just come back from Spain, and I succumbed. But only 1, and only after some persistent tempting from another colleague (who rather elegantly pointed out the least calorifc of all the biscuits (a small airy thing) that really would be better than nibbling on anything else.

So I did. Made a coffee and then walked away. A minor triumph, all told - given the amount of the tasty little norsels that I wanted to wolf down. Particularly the almondy/buttery flapjacks.

Is there anything more tempting and calorific than buttery flapjacks? I thinketh not.

1 comment:

Martin said...

I tell you what is worst. Helping with a womens event (Wed night), where between the start and the break you wait in the kitchen, a kitchen filled with those mini flapjacks, mini chocolate brownies and mini muffins. You think, "oh, they're only small, I just have one... and another one won't hurt...", ad infinitum.

And to add to the injury, today I go to a coke site with free coke vending machine.

Actually, I don't mind the first one so much - my main focus is cutting down the coke - but even so, I should have had less nibbly bits. The second one was pretty unavoidable too, due to the only other drinks there being horrid.